Monday, February 18, 2008

Today's Shoes

Martegani adelaide "austerity brogue" bals with twin-needle stitching forming the wing cap, U throat, and heel counter in dark brown Rustik calfskin with single leather soles (46 last). Every time I wear these, I wonder why I don't wear them more -- they're comfortable and unique.

In other news, Ron Rider, who is the US Market Manager for Martegani and the person who made these shoes happen, apparently has a new project, Rider Boot Company:
Our (hopefully!) trademark boot will be the 3 eyelet Chukka, presented in numerous ways, including both a classic dress last and a more rounded sport last, in desirable upper materials - especially Genuine Shell Cordovan - and appropriate sole treatments. We also look forward to presenting fantastic options in both Captoe and Wingtip boots - both mid and tall shaft. Our goal is quality, not quantity, and a unique (if tiny) place in a market dominated by low wage manufacturing and high cost advertising.

It sounds good to me -- I love boots. I hope it works.

No comments: