Saturday, June 30, 2007

Today's Shoes

Gravati four-eyelet plain-toe bluchers in dark brown Lama calf (16493, 640 last). These were a special order from about four years ago, and I waited about nine months for them. They never did get as much wear as I had intended, mostly because I made the mistake of putting a rubber sole on them. I just have a mental block about wearing rubber-sole shoes with nice clothes, so these are mostly relegated to wear with jeans on rainy days.

I did stop by Harold's in the Heights this afternoon to place another special order. These will be long-vamp penny loafers with twin-needle stitching on the apron in a medium brown textured calf on the new 701 last. Since it's almost July and since Italy shuts down for the month of August, it's likely that these won't come in until late September or early October at the earliest. I think that I'll have plenty of shoes to wear until then.

No comments: