Thursday, December 6, 2007

Last Night's Tipple

I finished off the rest of the bottle of 2006 Ridge Three Valleys Zinfandel last night. I actually liked it better than I did on the night I opened it. The principal reason that I did, I think, was that I didn't have the ceiling fan going while I drank it. Let this be a lesson to you, Soletrain: ceiling fans are good for whiskey and very bad for wine.

You may be able to see from the picture to the left that the capsule on this wine is painted a gunmetal color, instead of Ridge's normal uncolored aluminum. I think that at one time the gunmetal capsule signified that a wine had been vinified at the Lytton Springs winery instead of the Monte Bello winery. I don't know if this is still the case, but this wine was indeed made at Lytton Springs.

No comments: