Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Today's Shoes

Day

Gravati three-eyelet wholecut bals in burgundy Lama calf (14391, 683 last). I've been trying to figure out why this three-eyelet wholecut is not as successful as Berluti's iconic club wholecut. Part of it is the fact that I don't wear the Berluti shoe, which means that it's only ever a picture or the equivalent of a piece of sculpture to me; whereas I do wear this Gravati shoe and consequently think of it as an actual piece of footwear. Part of it also is that Lama is so soft that the throat of the shoe does not hold its shape when laced on a foot as well as it would were the shoe made from a stiffer calfskin. But I bet that my shoes are more comfortable than the Berluti model would be.

Evening

Gravati saddle bal in mid-brown peccary with a leather/rubber combination sole (15578, 640 last).

No comments: