Sunday, July 29, 2007

Last Night's Tipple

After my not so favorable impressions of JW Dant Bottled-in-Bond Bourbon a couple of weeks ago, I was eager to see if I would like it any more the second time around. I had another pour of it last night, and I have to say that it did seem better this time. It's grainy with a bit of mintiness on the palate, which I have read is the hallmark of Heaven Hill-distilled Bourbons, and I didn't notice the overt char that impressed me the first time I tried this. It all goes to show you that your perceptions of a whiskey vary greatly depending on factors that I can only imagine: maybe mood and setting, maybe other aromas in the air, maybe even the ambient humidity. I don't know. All I can say is that this tasted like better Bourbon than I remember it being two weeks ago. So take that for whatever it's worth.

No comments: