Thursday, July 5, 2007

Last Night's Tipple

I know, I know, Baker's is another repeat, but it wouldn't be right to drink anything other than American liquor on the Fourth of July. And since Bourbon has been declared to be "America's Native Spirit" by the US Congress, I might as well have some of that. (In actuality, the original American spirit was probably rum, which was widely distilled in colonial New England. After that would have to be rye whiskey, which was the whiskey of the Whiskey Rebellion in 1793. But hey, who am I to argue with Congress?) There's no real point in repeating my tasting notes from before, such as they are, but I will say that I would like to line up Baker's, Booker's, Knob Creek, and Jim Beam Black and try them all at the same time. They all have the same mashbill, and they all are of similar age. Just how different is the flavor profile of each? It would be a fun experiment and a good excuse to drink some Bourbon.

No comments: