Monday, July 30, 2007

Today's Shoes

Day

Gravati cap-toe bals in dark brown deerskin (15441, 500 last). These shoes are unusual in that the seams are both reversed and stitched. Why, I couldn't say. Deerskin is extremely soft, which is reason why it's popular. Unfortunately, it's also prone to scuffs and tearing and stretching, which is why Gravati prefers peccary: peccary has the softness and the look of deer, but it's not fragile. These are probably the best shoe bargain I've ever gotten: $100 new off of eBay. Yes, Brumfield, I realize that every clothing item you've ever purchased put together cost less than $100. In the real world, $100 for these shoes was outstanding.

Evening

Wheeler custom cowboy boots with a square toe and walking heel in dark brown elephant. Since I saw a picture of elephant boots made by Dave Little in San Antonio in The Cowboy Boot Book, I have wanted a pair, and these are them. When I picked them up, Dave Wheeler told me that some of his clients thought that elephant was too durable: they wanted new boots, but they couldn't justify the expense until their old boots wore out; and elephant boots don't wear out.

1 comment:

Sara said...

Mmm. Elephant skin cowboy boots -- can we see a picture, please?