Monday, September 17, 2007

Today's Shoes

Day

Let's face it: fall clothes are better than summer clothes. In fall, you can wear tweed and flannel and cashmere and corduroy and Aran sweaters. In summer, you can wear... polo shirts and linen. I like linen as much as the next guy, but it's a island paradise in a sea of banality. Watching football over the weekend, I noticed that fall has apparently come to wide swaths of the country, with temperatures in the 50s and suchlike. Alas, such is not the case in Houston: we're due to see highs around 90 for the foreseeable future. So I can't wear tweed and flannel and cashmere and corduroy and Aran sweaters, at least if I don't want to me marked as a freak. But I can wear shell cordovan boots, which most people consider appropriate in the fall and winter. Alden cigar shell cordovan wing-tip high-lace boots on Plaza last with double leather soles, to be precise.

Evening

Vass five-eyelet plain-toe bluchers in burgundy pebble-grain calf with double leather soles (Budapest last).

No comments: