Sunday, October 28, 2007

Mmmm, Pumpkin!

I don't know if I actually like the taste of pumpkin or if I'm just a sucker for the spices that typically go with it. Whatever. If it has the word "pumpkin" on the label and it's a food product, I'm probably going to try it at least once. Pumpkin bread, pumpkin pie, pumpkin brownies, pumpkin beer, it doesn't matter. Every fall, Central Market carries McCutcheon's Pumpkin Butter, and I always buy a bottle. It's like spreadable pumpkin pie. I happen to think that that's a good thing. Pumpkin Passion, a blog about pumpkins and pumpkin-related products that I shamelessly stole the picture to the left from, says
It’s like spreading pumpkin joy on ordinary every-day food. You can use it on toast, waffles, bagels, and even turkey sandwiches!

I can't disagree with that, or even say it better. Well, except the part about turkey sandwiches. That sounds a little strange, but I might just try it anyway. Until I screw up my courage, I'll probably just have it on English muffins.

No comments: