Sunday, October 7, 2007

Today's Shoes

Alden long wing bluchers in Color #8 shell cordovan with an extended sole, reverse welt, and double leather soles (model 975, Barrie last). Barrie is a brute of a last. I ordered these a half a size smaller than most shoes that I buy, and I still wonder if they're not too big. Well, not really. They do slip in the heel, but they break in the right place and the spacing between the eyelet facings when laced up is correct. I think that the fact that these are in shell cordovan is what is causing me problems -- that and the fact that the double soles are still stiff. The stiffness of the soles prevents them from bending as readily as they should when I flex my foot, which tends to cause more heel slippage. I hope that as the soles break in the slippage will decrease. We'll see.

These shoes do look great with dark jeans, which means that they're quite the multitaskers. I can't wait for it to be cold enough to wear my gray flannels again.

No comments: