Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Last Night's Tipple

I confess that I'm a bit ashamed every time I pick up the Fighting Cock bottle. I know that I shouldn't be a whiskey snob and that I shouldn't judge a book by its cover, but I have images of half-drunk, chortling college students when I see the bottle. And frankly, that's probably the market that Heaven Hill is going after. Oh, well. It's still pretty good Bourbon, despite the packaging. I have read descriptions of Heaven Hill Bourbon that say that it has a distinctive minty character, and I guess that I can see that. It's also hot and a little rough, which is in keeping with its marketing image. With time in the glass, it has some of the dessert quality that I like so much. Not a perfect Bourbon by any stretch of the imagination, but a good value.

No comments: