Friday, November 2, 2007

Today's Shoes

Vass wingtip bluchers in Color #8 shell cordovan with double leather soles (Banana last). Vass shoes are supremely comfortable, and I'm not entirely sure what accounts for it. Obviously, their lasts fit my feet very well, particularly in the heel, which is where I have most of my trouble with my shoes. They also have non-trivial amounts of arch support, which also helps. I'm not sure if there are other construction features that enhance comfort -- so far as I know, the manner of construction is the same as any other welted footwear (except that these are hand-welted instead of machine-welted). Whatever the reasons for their comfort, I know that any time I have to be on my feet for a substantial portion of the day, I will wear some of my Vass shoes.

No comments: