Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Last Night's Tipple

Now that I have a back-up bottle of Barton's 1792 Ridgemont Reserve (since Ben found his barely-tasted bottle so odious that he unloaded it on me), I can drink my open bottle freely. Oh, who am I kidding? 1792 Ridgemont Reserve, even though it's positioned as a "small batch Bourbon," is widely-distributed. When you finish a bottle, you just go down to the liquor store and buy more. There's plenty. It's not like the various Van Winkle bottlings, which are usually impossible to find unless you get lucky. I am very grateful to Ben for his gift, though. He might not like this Bourbon, but as I have commented before, I do. As with many others that I have tasted, it benefits greatly from some time in the glass. After a few minutes, it opens up into a wonderful cinnamon-raisin bread pudding aroma. It's delicious.

No comments: