Thursday, August 9, 2007

Target Fails Me!

So tonight I was in Target buying dish soap and other things, and I got a hankering for desert; so I cruised over to the grocery section. Target has been going upscale in a lot of the things that they carry, and their grocery section is no exception. They have a house brand called Archer Farms, which they try to position as a premium product line. Well, the package of "double" peanut butter cookies looked good, and I bought them. I was expecting something that might not be as good as Central Market peanut butter cookies (which are excellent), but at least something close. Wrong! They were small, slimy, and very much like those revolting soft and chewy cookies that were in vogue in the late '80s. A complete waste of money and calories. Consider yourself warned.

3 comments:

Ben W. Brumfield said...

Avoid Target's steaks. Their ordinary blister-pack stuff may be good, but the premium stuff sold in fancy black packaging is noxious.

letitia said...

Hmmm... I just noticed that Target had frozen desserts like creme brulee and tiramisu, but maybe I won't be trying them now. Kroger's desserts are going upscale as well, but I was not that excited by the molten chocolate lava cake.
Also, do you mean Soft Batch chocolate chip cookies, or something like Snackwell's? I dearly loved Soft Batch walnut chocolate chip cookies. They were my favorites.

Soletrain said...

Letitia, I fear that our tastes in cookies may just be fundamentally different. Yes, I was referring to those Small Batch cookies, although the Archer Farms cookies were worse than I remember those being. I don't recall the exterior of the Small Batch cookies being slimy, where it certainly is for the Archer Farms cookies. To be fair, I doubt that I would have been nearly as disappointed with them if I hadn't bought them hoping for Central Market-type cookies, which they most assuredly are not.