Saturday, August 4, 2007

Today's Shoes

Gravati cap-toe half brogue bluchers in antique tan calfskin with a double leather sole with a rubber plug in the middle (16407, 640 last -- Gravati calls the calfskin Betis, the color Bruma, and the sole style centrogomma). I also stopped by Harold's in the Heights to pick up a dark brown belt, and Johnny Mykof, the shoe manager, showed me a CD that he had assembled of all the Gravati model pictures that he and Jim Pierce, the owner of the Harold's shoe concession, had taken over the years. I had seen most but not all before, but some of the ones that I had not seen previously were particularly eye-catching. One of these was a side-zip ankle boot (I have the same pattern in dark brown kangaroo -- 16821) in a beautiful cognac-colored crocodile. Given the size of the piece of croc that would be necessary for the pattern, those must cost a pretty penny. The other was a pull-on half-brogue high boot. I think that I'm going to have to have a pair of those.

No comments: